Wednesday, September 3, 2008

10 yrs from now

Though I can tell you exactly where I want to be for the next month, almost hour for hour, I am finding it quite difficult to decide where I want to be ten years from now. For starters, I want to have graduated from Clemson University with a masters in Sociology, and perhaps a bachelors in Psychology. From there, I hope to be in a profession with some type of drug counseling. Hopefully this will be a good paying job, but if not, it won’t make much of a difference to me.
One thing I do know is that I am not planning on having kids in the next ten years. Though I do want kids, I am in no hurry and would like to get settled on my own two feet before I bring another life into this world. I would like to think that in ten years I will be married, but then again, there are a lot of things I want to accomplish and places I want to go before I tie myself down to any one person.
I would like to learn sign language fluently by then, and perhaps Braille. I know for sure that I want to travel to Brazil at some point to learn Portuguese. I think it would also be nice to go to Africa and be in the Peace-Core for a few years before I find a real job, i.e. actually grow up.
Before I graduate from Clemson University, however, there are some things I would like to accomplish. Above all, I want to make at least a 3.0 my graduating year. I would also like to become more involved in student organizations. I am currently a member of both Roots for Shoots and Solid Green. I would like to be a part of student government and do something to leave my print on Clemson University, in a positive way.
I would also like to get an internship at a hospital, rehab center, or even with SLED. From there I hope to find the exact direction to suit me, so that I might follow it. I at least know that I want to end up in Oregon to start my family. I love Oregon because it’s not so hot, they have very liberal laws, and also because the scenery is so magnificent.
I know that my plans for the next ten years are broad and iffy, but I simply am not sure what exactly I want to do right now. My biggest hope is that with in the next ten years, I really want to find this out!

No comments: