Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Group Project Reflect

To begin with, I feel that I made a good character judgment when I made my choice on who I wanted to group with. All of my fellow members are hard working individuals who are motivated by the will to excel, which I feel is a trait we all share. Because of this, our group chose to do more than just come up with a few minor ways to help. We decided to start a project that could be put into motion and that will hopefully benefit Helping Hands over and over again.

By doing this group project, I learned that group roles are not as important to designate, in certain situations, as is the amount of work that each person commits to the group. Often times I make plans that I feel I must stick to, almost as if I make them concrete from the beginning. I feel that this is a harmful way to manage things because it only leads to let down. By keeping plans open to change from the beginning, you allow more chances to make the idea better.

We originally wanted to do two ideas because we could not decide which would be better. Normally, this insecurity in plans would worry me. But in this case, it lead to open discussions about both ideas which allowed us to look at each with an open mind. Then, by presenting both ideas to the client, we were able to target her true desires and needs more efficiently. Once she informed us that she liked the movie idea better, we were able to expand more on it and had a better idea of the pros and cons of it by comparing it to those of our other idea.

All in all, I feel that my group has done a very good job in being understanding of each other's personal reasoning, as well as to the clients. I have enjoyed working with Kelly, Chelsey, and Will. I wish my groups in my other class were half as good as team W.A.C.K.

No comments: