Sunday, October 5, 2008

Presentations Review

Normally I hate having to sit through other people's presentations. Most of the time they are on mundane subjects and all too often it feels like a waste of my time. However, the majority of the speeches this week tended to be pretty entertaining.
My favorite presentation was on Attentional Blink, by Jeff. I thought that it was very refreshing to actually be able to learn something interesting during class presentations. He chose a topic that he was passionate about and that showed during his presentation. I love psychology, as well, so it was a real treat to hear some interesting facts in an English class.
Another presentation that I also enjoyed was the one about fast cars. I don't know the guy's name that wrote it because it was not on his handout. I was surprised about how much I actually liked hearing about something that I have never been interested in before. I wouldn't have thought that I would find that cool, but looking at all of those pictures of all of those hot cars made me want one! And that's odd to be coming out of my mouth because I like Eco-friendly things and I see those cars as being wasteful. However, I found a new respect for them through this presentation.
I also liked the presentation on facebook stalking! I thought it was clever, funny, and relevant to the audience. I liked it because it's something we all do, and she just put it into words.

No comments: